Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May Favorites!

Hello beauties!

So every month, I want to try new products, find new interests, and discover new things. Then at the end of the month, write a blog talking about some of my new favorite things! 

May has been a VERY busy month for me. I signed my commitment to Central Michigan University, I turned 18, went to prom, and had my very last day of high school. So my attention and focus has been geared to these things. But along the way I discovered some new interests in music and life.

**(All products are not sponsored, and have been bought at my own expense and interest. All opinions are of my own.)**

  • Music
Image result for coloring book chance the rapper
I'm normally not a rapper person, but something about Chance the Rapper caught my attention. I read about Chance, in this BuzzFeed article and made it my duty to listen to him. I think the one thing that drew me to him, was his ability to connect this faith with his career. I listened to his mixtape. Coloring Book and after listening to a couple of his songs, I realized that I had heard some of his tracks from friends. Off his mixtape, I really like "Blessings" (For reasons still unknown). But if you like new and fresh rappers, I highly suggest Chance the Rapper.

Halsey - Badlands.png
I had heard of Halsey before I FINALLY decided to listen to her music. I heard that she's mainstream artist of the summer. One night I finally looked her up on Spotify and listened to her album BADLANDS (Deluxe). Honestly how come I've never listened her before! I went to school the next day, talked to my friend, and said "How come I never listened Halsey before?!?", he said "You just started listening to her?? She's so good!!" My favorite song is "Colors" and I love the music video with it. If you're into alternative pop, or need to listen to someone new, listen to Halsey.

  • Dance
Salsa Dancing
I've always been in love with Latin dancing, specifically with Cha-Cha. But now my new goal is to learn Salsa. I went to an open dance called Salsa in the Park in Ann Arbor, with my sister Neika. I truly fell in love with Salsa dancing. Even though I had little to none experience, everyone was so welcoming and accepting. One person in particular made my entire night by just allowing my many, MANY mistakes fall through and not stopping. But instead they told me to "just have fun, and if you mess up, just go with it,". I'm going to make it my personal goal to learn Salsa before I go to college in August. So wish me luck!

  • Life
(Photo from Prom 2016)
Friends
With this being my senior year of high school, I made it my mission to make every lasting moment last. May had to be the shining month for me, and it was. My friends have been the absolute highlight of my senior year. From the parties at each others houses, to supporting each other's senior projects, to voting me on Coming Home Court (I didn't win, but whatever), these people have been there. For the tears, the equal anger of losing a favored teacher(s) each year, to making each other laugh until we had cramps, and much more. I love these people and I hope that one day, we can tell our children and grandchildren, the memories that we shared. (Or why that aunt is really rich and famous)

Big Dreams and Little Things (BD&LT)
This blog has been a huge eye opener to me. I've learned that sometimes the ideas that go through my head are often not heard, or spoken to people. So now, I just type them out and hope someone reads them. BD&LT had given me something to do when I'm out of school, and to occupy my time. I hope that I can continue writing and bring more information to the world. I hope to voice the opinions of those who aren't in the limelight.

This concludes my very first favorites blog! I hope that you enjoyed reading it, as much I did writing it. Let me know in the comments of other things that I should be on the lookout for!

Until next time,

Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment