Monday, May 15, 2017

Freshman Year

Hello beautiful people!

Freshman year of college, is done and in the books! It's crazy to think that I'm already one year down. I've learned so much in just 10 months, than in my entire 19 years of living. I've met so many great people, heard really great speakers, had emotional breakdowns, got really involved, and many more. 

In August I started out as a shy, introverted freshman. Move-in day was completely hectic for my family. I brought my mom, dad, older brother and sister. We headed up to Mount Pleasant with two cars full of my stuff. After I checked-in, we saw my very small room and my new home.

From the first day, I said that I wouldn't go home until Thanksgiving break. That's exactly what I did. From this I realized that I love my independence. I love walking out/in of my room at weird hours (mainly from hanging out with friends). I never realized I hate the question "Where are you going?" until I went back home. Being able to do things on my time, whenever I want to feels so good. 

But college for me wasn't all parties, and going out every night, I actually focused on my studies. Luckily I met people who understood my mindset. My first semester of college, I had a 3.56 GPA, was secretary of my hall council, and much more. My second semester, I joined Phi Sigma Pi National Coed Honors Fraternity, became a Resident Assistant, and Business Manager of Christ Central Choir. 

My freshman year has been filled with many happy memories, few setbacks, a couple of emotional moments, and much more. All to say that college has been the best decision that I ever made. Now to end this, here's photos from my freshman year!


(Team Frugal for IMPACT)

(First CMU Football game of the year)

(CMU Homecoming Mock Rock)

(Saxe/Herrig/Celani Hall Council at the DREAM Conference)

(Me and Coach Bono)

(Me and the Asia Project)

(Me and Steely at the RHA Banquet)

(Laverne Cox at CMU)

(Pizza with the President)

(Saxe/Herrig/Celani Powderpuff Team) 

(Saxe/Herrig/Celani Hall Council Retreat)

(Solidarity and Love Rally)

(Meeting Dave Ahdoot)

(Induction of Phi Sigma Pi)

Until next time,

Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment